Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thyroid Cyst More Condition_symptoms Veificación radiotherapy treatment.

Inaba something like

The truth is that I breathed when I have learned that I will be watching as he had a camera in the room and if at any time I was wrong could be asked to stop treatment.

It was rather uncomfortable and I think telling the doctor has taken me a bit. I have plates with each machine in front of me and other under, I was told today I haveto face, so I have to move my neck stretching upward as possible. It is very uncomfortable because they keep the stress position does not move without your love. Tomorrow I will look to see if you can make an invention to maintain that position is not so uncomfortable.

stages of the radiotherapy process

[edit

]

FIRST VISIT:

is the first contact as the patient with the radiation oncologist. This visit the doctor will take a medical history incorporating the scans that have practiced the patient, perform a physical examination general and the diseased area. It is also possible to request a further review if deemed necessary to complete the study. They will explain in general which will be the proposed treatment plan in terms of longevity, days you have to go, possible effects, etc. The patient must understand explained, ask the questions you might have and sign the informed consent .

TREATMENT PLANNING (virtual simulation): Elita reconstructed digital x-rays, which are virtual, and reproducing the image of the treatment field would form the beam of photons, if we would make a real ray.

VERIFICATION OF TREATMENT:
  • Once the planning of treatment, patients attend the treatment unit, and in the same position in which CT was performed with a planning and displacements in the three axes of space from point of origin, an x-ray or an electronic portal imaging, which supports high-energy X-rays. The image that reproduces this radiograph should be as close as possible to Digital Radiography rebuilt, and if so, start treatment. TREATMENT: consists of several short sessions, usually daily, Monday through Friday, rest Saturday, Sunday and holidays. In each treatment session is played the same position is the same as when the TAC was planning, and verification. During treatment the patient is monitored by video camera and microphones, to address any issues and the possibility of stopping treatment. Periodically radiographs can control to optimize treatment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment